Satay Chicken & CupcakesPosted: April 1, 2011
Last night for supper we made a household favorite, Satay Chicken on a Stick. Its quite simple, and quite tasty… and quite messy. Its fun.
1 envelope Lipton Herb Soup Mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tbsp brown sugar, firmly packed
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 tsp chili powder
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
10 wooden skewers
1. combine soup mix, oil, brown sugar, peanut butter, and chili powder in bowl. mix well. add chicken to large ziploc bag, add marinade. Make sure all strips are well coated in the mixture. Put bag in refrigerator for 30-40 minutes.
2. remove chicken from marinade, and weave chicken onto skewers.
3. grill or broil chicken until no longer pink (roughly 8-10 minutes- but keep an eye on it).
serve with rice. eat as an appetizer. eat it however you wish.
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
heaping 1/2 cup sugar
1 cup milk
6 tbsp butter melted, then cooled
1/4 tsp almond extract
1. preheat oven to 400 F. line a 12-cup muffin pan. sift together: flour, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. stir in the sugar.
2. lightly beat the eggs in a bowl, then beat in milk, butter, and almond extract. make a well in center of dry ingredients, and pour in liquid ingredients. stir gently until well combined. don’t over mix.
3. spoon batter into 12 equal cups. bake 20 minutes. let cool for 5 minutes in pan, then transfer to cooling rack.
Frosting: Chocolate Almond Buttercream Frosting
6 tbsp butter, room temp.
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
1& 1/8 cup powdered sugar
1/4 tsp almond extract
1 tbsp milk
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 a packet of hot cocoa mix
1. cream butter, cocoa powder, & salt. scrape down sides of bowl
2. mix in powdered sugar on low. (be prepared for a slight volcano of white powder when you turn the mixer on)
3.then add milk & almond extract. raise speed of mixer while beating. beat until smooth.
4. mix heavy cream & hot cocoa mix. stream into mixer while mixing until the frosting reaches your desired consistency.
5. spread or pipe onto cooled cupcakes.
6. then lick the bowl of remaining frosting. go ahead. =)
recipes adapted from: Quick Fixes from Brand Name Mixes & 1 Mix, 100 Muffins, and Joy the Baker