I should be full, but I am not.Posted: May 2, 2011
Today has been a good Monday. Its been productive, exciting, and tasty.
Today I bought groceries, made chocolate cupcakes, almond raspberry cupcakes, and fajitas, and planted three pots of basil.
1 cup flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, room temp
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup milk
– mix flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
– cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
– add egg and vanilla. mix well.
– add flour mixture and milk alternating.
– bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes
1 1/2 cup marshmallow cream
1/2 stick of butter, room temp.
1/2 tsp almond extract
– whisk everything together and smear on cooled cupcakes
Almond Raspberry Cupcakes with Fluffy Frosting
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
5 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 cup whole milk
1/3 cup fresh raspberries, roughly chopped
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin cups with paper liners.
– Sift together flour, baking powder and salt inside a bowl.
– Cream together butter and sugar in a large bowl for about 3 minutes. Beat in egg and almond extract.
– Add flour mixture and milk alternately in 3 batches, beginning and ending with the flour mixture and beating just until incorporated. Fold in the raspberries.
– Bake about 20 minutes. Turn cupcakes out onto a rack to cool completely.
Fluffy Frosting is the same from last week. Thats how good that frosting is- I made it twice within a week!
Happy Monday everyone.