Strawberry BreadPosted: May 7, 2011
Strawberries are on sale in our area right now. Last week I purchased two pints of strawberries and have been thinking up ways to use them. The majority of the strawberries found themselves swimming in a warm bath of chocolate. The remaining ones ended up in a lovely loaf of bread.
– 5 1/2 tbsp butter, room temp
-1 pint of strawberries, chopped & mashed
– 1 3/4 cup flour
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
– 1/4 tsp baking powder
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1 cup sugar
– 2 eggs
– preheat oven to 350 degrees. grease/butter a bread pan
– heat mashed strawberries over medium heat in saucepan until boil, cook 1 minute, and remove from heat
– in a bowl mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. set aside.
– cream butter & sugar. add eggs one at a time and mix.
– alternate between adding flour mixture and 1/3 cup water.
– fold in strawberries
– pour into loaf pan. bake for 1 hour