Turkey & ChocolatePosted: May 26, 2011
Supper tonight quickly turned into an experiment when I began our turkey fried rice and realized I was out of soy sauce… I am glad to report I have a creative husband that is willing to play in kitchen with me though- he kind of saved supper. We ended up creating some Turkey Meatballs containing ginger, garlic, breadcrumbs, and a little stir fry sauce, covered in an Orange Ginger Hoisin Sauce mixture, all served over a bed of rice.
I have been craving chocolate for a few days now… After dinner, I took care of that problem. I whipped up a giant batch of chocolate chip cookies. I used three different types of chocolate too. Aren’t you jealous?
½ c. butter
½ c. tub margarine
¾ c. white sugar
1 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
3 c. flour
¾ tsp. salt
¾ tsp. baking soda
1 12-oz. bag chocolate chips
– cream butter, margarine, sugars, vanilla, and eggs
– sift flour, salt, and baking soda
– mix it all together. stir in chocolate chips
– bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
– eat by the fist-full next to a glass of milk
*makes about 3 dozen cookies