Classic SummerPosted: July 7, 2011
Summer is grilling, fresh produce, and sunburns.
Summer is bbq, fresh pineapple, and popsicles.
Summer is warm nights, ice cream cones, and sprinklers.
Tonight for supper we had a simple summer meal: BBQ Pulled Pork, Italian Seasoned Fried Potatoes, and a simple salad. Bliss.
BBQ Pulled Pork
1 lb pork sirloin strips
3/4 cup bbq sauce
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp worcestershire
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1/2 tbsp siracha hot sauce
3 cloves of garlic, diced
salt & pepper
– mix everything but the pork and garlic in a bowl
– throw some olive oil in a large pot with the garlic. turn heat on high. lay pork strips in the pot. pour sauce over top. bring to boil.
– reduce to simmer for 2 hours, covered. turning occasionally.
– shred meat once tender.
– serve on buns with butter.
Italian Seasoned Potatoes
3 large yukon gold potatoes
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tbsp italian seasoning
1 tsp onion salt
– line a baking dish with foil, drizzle some olive oil on the bottom.
– peel and chop potatoes. add to baking dish.
– sprinkle italian seasoning, onion salt, and pepper over top. drizzle a little more olive oil on top.
– bake potatoes at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
– broil potatoes for 10 minutes.