I Coming Bearing GiftsPosted: August 29, 2011
Hi. I’m sorry. I’ve been gone awhile. Life has been busy, sort of. We were out of town a bit, and back, and busy, and you know. Life kind of interfered for a bit. But now that I am back, I have a little gift for you.
Am I forgiven now?
Here is the deal, last year I made cupcakes like a mad woman. Don’t you remember? Well, a good friend of ours put in a request for Oreo Cupcakes. I never quite got around to them before she left for the summer. Long story short, she came to town for a day, so I beat these little suckers until they smiled.
These little guys are chocolatey, and smooth, and delightful, with a little cookie crunch on the bottom. Forget about forks and plates and napkins. Just shove it in, and clean up when you have eaten all 12. Life will be better that way.
So, here you go. I’m sorry. And, you’re welcome.
15 Oreos, separated, leaving cream on one half
1 cup sugar
7/8 cup flour
6/8 cup cocoa powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup boiling water
– preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and line your cupcake pan, placing half an Oreo on the bottom, cream side up.
– stir together: flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
– stir together: sugar, egg, milk, oil, and vanilla.
– add flour mixture and stir well.
– stir in boiling water. be careful. don’t go splashing everything. its hot.
– fill liners 3/4 full, and bake 22-25 minutes.
– eat remaining batter by the spoonfuls… I won’t tell.
For the frosting, I used our all time favorite, Fluffy Flour Frosting. I also added about 1/4 cup of crushed Oreos to the frosting, then sprinkled some more crushed Oreos on top.
Enjoy! And if necessary, serve these as an “I’m Sorry” treat. Happy Monday.