Raspberry DelightPosted: August 31, 2011
Remember awhile ago when I made Strawberry Bread? That was lovely.
Yesterday when I was working at the farmer’s market the vendor across from me gave me a deal on some raspberries. I more than elated. All morning long I had been eyeing his bright berries, dreaming up lovely ways I could use them. I settled on Raspberry Bread in mind…
This morning I set to work on that loaf of blissful tart raspberries.
I used the same recipe as the Strawberry Bread, but used Raspberries instead. It was a cinch. And such a lovely color.
– 5 1/2 tbsp butter, room temp
-1 pint of raspberries, chopped & mashed
– 1 3/4 cup flour
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
– 1/4 tsp baking powder
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1 cup sugar
– 2 eggs
– preheat oven to 350 degrees. grease/butter a bread pan
– heat mashed raspberries over medium heat in saucepan until boil, cook 1 minute, and remove from heat
– in a bowl mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. set aside.
– cream butter & sugar. add eggs one at a time and mix.
– alternate between adding flour mixture and 1/3 cup water.
– fold in raspberries
– pour into loaf pan. bake for 1 hour
And as if the cheap berries weren’t enough- as I was leaving another vendor offered me her last bouquet for free. Gorgeous.