Muffin Tin Monkey BreadPosted: September 3, 2011
I love bread.
I love breakfast.
I love brown sugar.
I love dunkin’ doughnuts vanilla coffee.
I love cool mornings after a rain storm.
I love life.
Yesterday I found a recipe for monkey bread that can be made in a large muffin tin. Score.
I was excited. I may or may not have convinced my husband to take me to the grocery store at midnight so I could get brown sugar. I may have bribed him with frozen pizza…
It was so worth it.
This morning I crawled out of bed shortly after 7 to find a large, thawed loaf of bread on my counter. Time to bake.
1 loaf of frozen bread, thawed
1 cup sugar
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 stick butter
-preheat oven to 350 degrees
– spray muffin tin pan
– chop up bread loaf
– mix sugar & cinnamon in a large ziploc bag. shake bread chunks in cinnamon & sugar mixture.
– divide evenly into muffin tin
– in a saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter and brown sugar. cook until everything is the same color (3-5 minutes)
– pour over muffin tins
– bake 20-25 minutes, until tops are golden brown
– let them cool 10-15 minutes
I loved this. So simple and quick. I got everything ready in less than 20 minutes, drank my coffee while they baked. Your children, roommates, spouses, or dog will love you for making these. I promise. Though I would not recommend feeding these to your dog. Bad idea.
Anyways, make these. Smile. Share, if you want. I won’t make you.