Leftover TurkeyPosted: November 29, 2011
After consuming 4 Thanksgiving meals you would think I would have been sick of turkey and stuffing and mashed potatoes…. you’re wrong. I think I could eat a Thanksgiving feast once a week all year round.
After leaving South Dakota, we returned to our home with a container full of turkey and stuffing. Neither lasted long.
The lovely stuffing needed no variation. The turkey got shoved into a new dish though- Turkey Enchiladas.
They were a simple, throw together meal. We were eating lunch 40 minutes later, including baking time.
1 1/2 cup chopped/shredded turkey
1 cup shredded cheddar
2 cups tomato sauce
3/4 cup crushed/diced tomatoes
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
– cook tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, & red pepper flakes. bring to boil, reduce to simmer.
– warm tortillas
– scoop turkey & 1/4 sauce into tortilla. roll. place in pan. repeat with other 5 tortillas.
– pour remaining sauce on top or tortillas
– sprinkle cheese across top
– bake at 350 degrees– 20 minutes covered, 10 min uncovered
This was a super simple way to play with the left over turkey.