Spicy Potato HashPosted: March 5, 2012
I didn’t know a thing about cooking when I got married a year and a half ago. I loved the Food Network and eating, but I couldn’t do a thing in the kitchen. But I was determined to feed my husband incredible food.
The summer we got married I learned a lot about life, and a lot about cooking. One of the first breakfast dishes I learned was Pioneer Woman’s Fried Potatoes. I loved the crunch of the slightly burnt potatoes and the sweet taste of the burnt onion mixed within.
Since that summer I have played with her recipe a bit to make my own version– Spicy Potato Hash.
Spicy Potato Hash
3 russet potatoes, chopped
1/4 cup yellow onion, chopped
1/4 cup red pepper, chopped
1/4 tsp onion salt
1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1 clove garlic, chopped
– preheat oven to 400 degrees. spray cookie sheet or foil with cooking spray, or olive oil.
– bake potatoes, onion, and onion salt for 20 min. stir once after 10 min.
– heat skillet to medium high, saute garlic until golden.
– add potatoes and onion, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, red pepper. fry for 10 minutes.
– stir every 3 minutes. let potatoes rest in one spot so they get crispy
– serve with toast